Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/04/2012

Smooooooooooth



Hey, folks! Remember when I mentioned my latest kitchen gadget purchase?



I'ma ninja! I'ma blendy ninja!

I feel absolutely comfortable saying this: I LOVE MY NINJA!!! To put it simply, it's perfect for me...even in ways I didn't anticipate. Here's what I mean by that. My Ninja came with a big carafe and three individual cups. I haven't used the carafe at all, but I think I've used the cups almost every day. I've taken up smoothie making!

Okay, so there's barely a science or an art to smoothies, but here's what I usually do.

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
A squidge of honey
1/4 cup of quick cooking oats
A whole banana or equal amount of some other fruit
Topped off with milk up to the fill line

Mike prefers sugar instead of honey. He doesn't really get a choice on the oats because I'm the one that gets up early to make the smoothies and he knows it's good for him. :-) He also likes strawberries instead of a banana. That's usually breakfast. If you want a savory, indulgent snack, though, here's what I recommend:


Mmmmmm, chocolate, bananas, and peanut butter. This may be my most favorite indulgence combination.

I just threw in a handful of chocolate chips, a heaping tablespoon of PB (not lead...science joke), a banana, and enough milk to top it off. Sweet and salty bliss. Mmmmmm, that just gave me an idea for a PB&J smoothie. The possibilities are endless! Homemade smoothies are my new unsung (well, I guess they're sung about now) heroes of breakfast. Just one more reason it's so important to have good kitchen tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment