Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/07/2012

Regularly Scheduled Programming...

Phew!!!!

Its been a week and a half, hasn't it?

I can't tell you the last time I've been that sick. I don't think I moved or did much other than groan, whine and sleep.

Of course, I didn't have a voice either, so I had to chat with my family via GoogleTalk or in Dev's case over notepad. Harrison and I developed a nice grunt, point and celebrate form of communication.

Needless to say, not much got done crafty-wise, but lucky for you all I did have a few projects done before the plague hit me.

We've all seen those lovely lampshades where the people copy lovely love letters from their SO's to them, or they take wonderful French script and transcribe it onto them. Well, I didn't do that.

I have a lovely French inscribed lampshade from Kirkland's that I really like, but I only have one of them and its down in my family room.

That does not help me in my bedroom where I wanted a similarly styled shade.

I do not have any love notes from the hubs either. Now don't get me wrong. I have love notes, just not any where I'm going to put them out for the kids  to see. Most of my love notes involve a horse's behind and say I  decided to draw you a self-portrait of myself. I love those cards, but I don't think I want to look a horse's behind every day. :)

So one evening, I was being super-social and toodling around on my computer while I was supposed to be relaxing and hanging out with my guy and it dawned on me. Why don't you write your favorite song lyrics down on the lampshade upstairs. I said, "Self! You are a genius!" Then I ran upstairs for my lampshade and a sharpie.

I do love those sharpies.

So I come back downstairs, and sit back into my comfy chair in the family room, while the hubs is engrossed in whatever was on the tube, and I start writing out the lyrics to my favorite song.

What song, you ask? Well, I will tell you!

Amazing Grace.

Love.that.song.

Don't know why. Half the time I get a little smeary-eyed listening to it, but it oh-so lovely a song.

So I look up its lyrics, just to be sure I don't forget any and then just start writing away.

Here's what I ended up with!

This lamp has been done for about two weeks and I still love it!

See you guys later!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment