Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/09/2012

Who knew?!?

Who knew that putting holes in your bathroom wall would be so much fun?

Who knew that this would make me so happy?

Not me. I was scared. Then I did it and it was a lot of fun. :)

Then the hole got a little too big. Then the hubs had to get involved.

Cue normal home dec/repair argument here.

Then the hole got fixed and the hubs and I are thoroughly enjoying the new $60 medicine cabinet that I got on clearance at our local Lowe's.

Love! So here's the process and the finished product!
 So there's the starter hole, just to figure out how much space was between the joists, and there's the first hole, and my helper.

 There's the hole right before I cut it all the way open between the studs, to make it simpler for framing. The medicine cabinet is fairly large. 25" x 19" with two adjustable shelves. Love!
 There's the framing and the drywall (fitted into place). I was chomping at the bit by this step because we were so close to being done!

 There's the mud and some sanding done. Isn't that the prettiest box you've ever seen?

And here's the finished product with somewhat wet paint. I was impatient. I love this cabinet. My counters have never looked so organized!

Oh and here's a little helper I had while I was cutting said holes
Isn't he goofy?

Tomorrow I think I'm going to share with you guys what the bathroom looks like right now. I have more projects, but this poor bathroom has come a ways from what it started out as. :)

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment