Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/28/2010

Getting Ready for a Revamp!

So I have an announcement! I'm very excited! Ok, so that's not unusual for me, but what I am excited about is the fact that Saturday, the hubby and I are starting our bedroom revamp! So Ex.Ci.Ted! Can you tell? I don't think that I've used nearly enough exclamation points. :-P

So I'm not going to divulge much about the revamp....I'll wait to do that. I've been trying to post something every day, but this weekend I'm not going to be able to do that, because we have A LOT to do. I'm dropping the kids off at my grandmother's Friday morning and then picking them up Monday. We have 2 full days to get the room painted, and then mostly put together. I have furniture to paint, but I highly doubt I'll be able to get it painted this weekend.

So this week, I've been trying to get some old projects finished up and moved out of my work space. :) I was trying to do that this morning, when a piece of glass maliciously attacked me. Then my ever-so-helpful-but-squeamish husband was very little help when I asked him to clean up said glass after it decided that I did not need the small chunk of thumb it wanted. Not to get too graphic, but it was making a statement about my thumb. I dropped the glass (how it didn't break I'll never know), then quickly got to the sink to get cold water running over my thumb. Of course, during my dash to the sink, Harrison decided right then he wanted a nap. Now. So I'm bleeding all over and the baby wants to be put to bed. Steve puts him to bed, then comes back down to help me get my thumb wrapped. 45 minutes later I'm back working on the project, where I accidentally break the glass. It really was an accident!


This is the offending glass, after I cleaned it, again. 

I am totally rocking this Lightening McQueen band-aid.

I swear. This was NOT an act of revenge.
 The project is another jewelry holder, because, really, there aren't enough of them floating around blogland right now. :) I'm not going to bore you with the details of how to make it, but here are some photos of my completed beauties. 


You know you want my pink hammer! :)
A hint:  this is a corner of our bedroom
Another project I finally got around to finishing are these dish towels. I found these lovely little numbers at Kristine Mckay Designs. Check her out. She's got a wonderful site! Oh, there are only four done, because, well, I ran out of transfer paper. I hear Michael's calling my name. :) BTW....the PDF for these beauties is towards the very bottom of that post. 



Lastly, is the kid art display from a few weeks ago. Here she is in all her glory, displaying Devlin's newest masterpieces! 

I love the stars! They're not girly and they're just the thing to emphasize that bottom area.

I've also been plugging away on my quilt and following Obsessively Stitching's tutorial, but I will have a post dedicated to that when I'm done. :) So what have you guys been up to?

I hope you all have enjoyed this all over post, and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment