Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/24/2010

Have you met Iris?

I'm taking a small break from pillow making, not because of lack of inspiration or motivation, but because I don't have all my supplies. I thought I had a round 14" pillow form floating around, but I can't find it. So when I went to Jo-Ann's last night, I figured that I would just get one. Guess what!?!? Jo-Ann's did not have ANY round pillow-forms. Crap. For the project I also can't use loose stuffing. So I will have to go to Hancock today and get the pillow form. Darn, another trip to a fabric store. ;-)

The aforementioned trip to Jo-Ann's was not a total loss however; because I got fabric to make a small quilt. I've been following Obsessively Stitching's First Quilt Ever series, and I've made the plunge! So you will be seeing some posts about my first quilt!

As you have probably noticed, I am very family-centric. I wish my husband and sons had the opportunity to meet my great-grandmother. While they did not get to meet Gee, she lives on through what we learned from her, and the stories we still tell.

 I feel very blessed in the fact, however; that Devlin met and got to know (as well as a toddler can) his great-great-grandmother. My great-grandmother (grandfather's mother) passed this past August, before H was born,  was a wonderful lady. Both of these ladies were quite into gardening and flowers in general, so every spring when my flowers start to sprout and then bloom. I think of them.

I am especially fond of my irises, because they were my great-grandmother's. After she passed in 1994, my aunt and grandmother saved some of her flowers. When my husband and I moved back down to Virginia, my aunt asked me if I wanted some of Gee's flowers. Ummm, DUH! Of course! So I now take care of some of her irises and day lilies.

I want to share with you, blogland, some of my great-grandmother's irises. I only have two blooming right now, but every plant has at least three blooms getting ready to show off their wonderful splendor!

I hope you enjoy this lovelies, and have a wonderful, albeit, rainy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment