Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/12/2010

Another Frilly Frock!!

Having fun with Mom!
Who is not to be confused with Mommy....
we are different.
This post is not about something I've made. This entry is about something my mom made. My mom has been sewing for as long as I can remember and then some. :) I know she made her wedding dress, and she and Dad just celebrated 31 years together. I also know that she made some of her clothes in the 70's. If I thought it was hard to find clothes to fit my 6'2" frame in the 90's, I don't want to try and imagine finding clothes for a 5'10" frame in the 70's. :) My mother was quite spoiled in the fact that she had 3 girls to sew for, because now all I hear is how hard it is too find cute boy patterns that she can enhance with embroidery or appliques'. Especially since Dev is getting older and is getting vocal about what he likes. How many shirts have you appliqued with Yoshi, Mom?
Mom lets us get away with
E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!

Answer - a few....So on with the show!

Mom has got a stash of fabric that could probably clothe all of the babies that we know for the first few years of their life, so when she busted into it she found a gem of a fabric. Not too girly, but perfect for warmer weather. Mom did amp up the girly factor with some of the multitudes of lace she has stashed. Now the dress is not done yet as she has not yet decided on buttons, but everything else is complete. Its is too cute for words. I, personally, love the bloomers!

Now, I bet you're wondering who this dress is for. Well she made identical (except for the lace) dresses and bloomers for two of my girlfriends' baby girls. One of them is Pink Baby and the other is CJ. I hope they love their frilly little frocks as much as I do! Almost makes me want a girl, but I love me some boys!


The bodice is lined in a soft white cotton. The back closes with two buttons,
leaving back of the skirt open to show off those cute bloomers!

Very simple front, but I love the gathered skirt.
You can't see it, but the bottom of the skirt is edged in the same  lace as on the panties.

 Look at all those frills!

I am linking this up to:


 I hope you enjoyed reading, and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable. I love your blog!

    I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bloomers are so CUTE. Great dress!!! Way to go Mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather, Here is the link to the cupcake stars: http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/fireworks-fans?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/60-summer-crafts#slide_41 I used hot glue to adhere them. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful comments!

    Erin - Thank you so much for the link....I may have to make some of these for our mother's day brunch!

    ReplyDelete