Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/21/2010

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

I am deeply saddened to write the words for this post. I have lost a very good and helpful friend. He was tragically caught in an accident. He didn't see it coming, so thankfully he did not feel anything. I am trying to take solace in that fact. I still can't believe it. He's been there for me through thick and thin and I could always depend on him. He helped guide me and I relied on that talent. I feel even more guilt and sadness in the fact that I am the one who ran him over. I didn't see him. I didn't even know he was there, and now, because of me, I have lost one of my greatest allies.


I am sorrowfully going to have to bury my friend, Mr. Hem Gauge.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I've been in a teasing mood all day, and really, when the opportunity presented itself for this post I couldn't not do it. :)

Here's the story, although I must warn you....I've had Moulin Rouge's version of Like a Virgin stuck in my head ALL DAY. So if you see a chorus line or two in this post, you've been warned. :)

I honestly have no idea how the hem gauge ended up on the floor or how I even managed to roll over it with my chair, but I did, and now he's not very useful for measuring anything. Although.....I may frame him just to remind me of what can happen to tools that we don't take care of.

Here's the damage.
 While I am digging the wavy-ness, not the best way to get an accurate measurement.

Luckily, there is a Jo-Ann's close to Mom and before she headed over for Sunday Dinner; she picked up this pretty for me! 
I can't wait to bust into her. Luckily, the pillow you see her lying on will be completed by the time this post goes up, so she'll already have gotten her wings. :) {she's so fine, and she's mine}

Before, my poor hem gauge met his untimely demise, he helped me me with this lovelies. I feel as if I haven't been as crafty as normal, and I've just not been sharing. I know.....Bad Heather, but I'm ready to REPENT! here is what I've been working on. All of these beauties are going into the shop, which {EEEEEEEK!} opens in like 10 days! 

 This is a 16" box pillow, made out of a pale butter yellow linen, with a black grosgrain ruched ribbon flower in the center. {She'll be yours till the end of time} I am thinking the flower looks a bit like the chrysanthemum, and luckily, I love chrysanthemums! Sorry for the bad last picture, but the baby was crying and I was trying to hurry! 
 
 This is the dyed pillow from a bit ago. I added silver bugles to every third pleat. I wish I had a place in my house for this little lovely, but alas, I have no pink in my house. She's a very glammed up french braid! 

I've dubbed this one the Petty Coat pillow. Its another french braid pillow, but I used lace in lieu of the pleats. I am loving this effect! {So pretty and new!}

So that's what I've been up to. Dana is coming up to visit the week of the 4th and I can't wait. I've got oodles and oodles of projects in the wings, but I need to get more pillows done, so be ready to see some more posts on them! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend, and enjoy your Monday!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. i love your pillows! i think you need to have a giveaway and give one to your favorite, most faithful follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black, lacey, ruffle pillow :)) Very pretty!!
    ~ Michella ~
    ~~~ xoxo ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. what pillow fanciness! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments! I am inundated with pillows right now. I have a notebook full of ideas, so hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be able to post up a doozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, I'm glad you got that hem gauge replaced, I don't know what I'd do w/o mine. I'd love for you to link up your pretty pillows to Fabric Fun Thursday :).

    ReplyDelete