Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/14/2010

Discouraged

I have to be honest - coming into Week 4 I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Mike has already gone down a pants size, lost almost 10 pounds, and is rediscovering his jawline - whereas I have regained the 3 pounds I lost (although, I'm tempted to blame this on the GIANT dinner I had friday night still living in my gut Saturday morning when I stepped on the scale) and, although my size 18's are feeling a bit looser than normal, I have not noticed much of a different at all in how my clothing fits - with the exception of my belly getting less and less flabby every time we do that horrible painful ab-ripper sequence. ;)

While flipping through channels yesterday afternoon we came across the P90X infomercial and watched it for a good 30 minutes. From what I can tell most of your results come between day 30 and 60, and then of course between 60 and 90.

What can I say? I'm just impatient. I want it all now.

On a positive note:

Emotionally/mentally I'm feeling fantastic! I have so much more energy during the day, I still really look forward to the workouts in the evenings, and can really feel myself getting stronger.

When we first started I could hardly do 2 girl push-ups - now I can do 75% of the push-ups during the Sculpt workouts. The cardio gets easier every time we do it, unless I've eaten a bunch of junk food during the day. It is SO MUCH harder if you're not feeding your body right. This has been great motivation for me to eat right during the week. I still allow myself to splurge on the weekends - but I try to save it for Saturday nights or Sundays since we don't workout on Sunday.

Overall I'm really enjoying the Power 90 program - and I'm committed to the lifestyle now. I have to be. What would be the point of working this hard to just quit after the 90 days is up?

Mike and I are thinking we will do one more cycle of Power 90 after this one, and then switch up to the P90X workouts. I'm actually really excited for it!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for progress. At least you're still doing it. We have to restart......we really should. We keep talking about it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come over and MAKE you do it later. Just stick H in a corner with some toys, and let Dev and James entertain each other. ;)

    ReplyDelete