Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/26/2010

Murphy.......and his law

When it rains, it pours.
Thank goodness I love to dance in the rain....one of the only places you'll see me do it too :)

After brutally attacking my hem gauge the other day, my scissors, rotary cutter and cutting mat have all decided to retaliate. Today's post was supposed to be a tutorial on how to make a powder puff pillow. Yea, that's not going to happen, because it's still in 2 pieces. Also doesn't help that I don't have a black zipper....sigh.

Here's a close-up! 
My scissors and rotary cutter have decided to stop cutting, and the mat has developed a taste for fabric, and not letting go. {grumble} After arguing, pleading and bartering with all of them, I got the pieces to the pillow cut out. Then I got part of it sewn up, and then I went shopping.

There is a brand spanking new Jo-Ann's at Fairfax Station which, luckily enough, is a mile {that's right 1 mile} from where Mom works! Dad thought he might have to work late tonight, they commute together, so I told her I could pick her up. We hit a detour on the way back home though. They detoured us through Jo-Ann's. While it was a detour entirely of our own making, its still a plausible story!

After spending about an hour maybe closer to 1.5 hours in there, I came home with these beauties:

A new {larger} cutting mat, new rotary blades and a scissor sharpening thing. They jumped at the not-to-be-passed-up offer of coming home with me and chillin' in my swanky new and improved craft room. So those trouble makers are going to have to go bother someone else. :) What's even better is that my oh-so-wonderfully-gracious Mom gave me her 40% off coupon for the mat, and the rest of the cutting supplies were on sale! Score. I also ended up with some foil transfer paper on clearance for just $1.97. We'll have to try this baby's out and I have just the project for them. Said project will also include - some fabric crayons. According to the packaging these beauts are iron-transferable. I.am.stoked. Now a once intimidating typography pillow maybe not so intimidating.

Now, after another trip to the fabric store, I am going to finish this troublesome pillow. I hope all of you have a SPLENDIFEROUS Saturday!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have a Joanne's so close to you! I live in London so we dont have one but I always try to go when am in the US!

    ReplyDelete