Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/05/2010

Red, White and Vroooom!

So I know the 4th is a ways off, but its never to early to get into the patriotic spirit! A while ago, I stocked up on blank t-shirts for the boys and I with the intention of sprucing them up, and it has begun! While stocking up on baby supplies, I wandered around into the baby section of Target, and saw an adorable shirt that had a truck in Old Glory's colors and Red, White and Vrooom! beneath it. Love.At.First.Sight. My boys had to have it. Not paying the $10 they wanted for it though. It's just a t-shirt for Pete's sake. So here's my take on their show!

So here's my thought - I liked the truck, but really my big guy is not a truck guy. He's a Lightening McQueen guy, so I searched Google images for a race car. That took forever, but after narrowing down my search a bit I ended up only 48,200 images to sort through. I think I made it to page 3 before before finding what I wanted.

Next bit of business was to find an image of Old Glory herself to superimpose onto the race car's image. This one was a bit easier to find. Then I traveled to dafont.com and one of their new fonts was perfect for what I wanted.

So I mashed everything together, saved it, flipped it so I had the mirror image then printed it off onto the fabric transfer paper, ironed it down, and then tried to convince the big guy to try on his new shirt. No go. *sigh*


H's shirt will be done as soon as the dryer is done. I had to wash his onesie and I will need to resize the image for him, but for Dev's shirt I was able to just use a big letter sized image. Dev, btw, wears a small in boy sizes, just as a point of reference for ya'll. :)

Here are the completed pictures of the shirt. Hopefully by the time I post this, Dev will have warmed up to my picture taking advances. :)





**Update** Dev finally let me put the shirt on him, but I could not snap off a photo quick enough. The boy would not stop moving! :) The shirt also needs to be washed in order to remove some of the residue, but he likes it so that's all that matters!
  
  

And here's something for all of you! The images! One is mirrored for transferring, and the other is normal in case you just want to print it out on fabric and then use it as a patch. Just click on them to show the full size version and then right-click and save!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.comSYS Thurs
I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend. We are going to the zoo tomorrow so Monday will hopefully bring some yummy, rejuvenating deliciousness from Mom's dinner. :) Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. SUPER cute! I saw the same shirt at Target. I think my boys would love it...but I am trying to think of something to make on my own too...maybe an applique. I love your version though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought of an applique' as well, but was just too impatient. :) The graphic was easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute, and a definite remake for me and my little guy! Thank you for sharing!

    Have a super week, and stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com when you get a chance to take a peek at what I've been up to.

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the "that's too much I'll just make it myself" in Target! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and totally cool that you made it yourself! Great job - look fabulous! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! I’ll be featuring you this week so feel free to stop by and grab a Featured Button. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel bad because I have a girl onesie that has been made, but I can't seem to get the tutu's right :) I just thought of an idea for it, so hopefully I can show you guys in a few days *dashes off to her sewing room*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cute. I did something similar, not in design, but a t-shirt transfer for my niece and wanted to maybe post the design for people but i don't think the way I uploaded it to my post that i did. I saw you used photobucket. Do you mind having a look and seeing if you know what i did wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather,
    What a rockin shirt!! Love it! my little man is jealous ;) Thanks for joining the Patriotic Parade!
    have a safe and happy 4th!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. just wanted to stop by and let you know i featured this today! :)

    ReplyDelete