Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/14/2010

My Very First Quilt!

Warning! Photo Heavy Post!


Way back in April Obsessively Stitching started posting detailed instructions on how to make your first quilt, and I followed along, at least up until my master bedroom redo. Then I had to play catch-up, but today, over at Caroline's blog, she is having a My Very First Quilt show! You all should definitely check it out and see all the beauties. :)


 Here is a little photo time line of my quilt.
 
The quilt sat in this state for about a month......I picked her up again on Thursday. 
 
 
 

So there's the timeline. It took me longer than it should have, but it was fun! :) 

And in other news -


Don't forget to leave a comment in the $40 CSN giveaway post - HERE!
I also have found a new favorite quote -
I am only as strong as the coffee I drink and the hairspray I use. 
I don't use that much hairspray, but my coffee consumption more than makes up for it! :)

The craft room clean-up is going. I need pink spray paint, it's on the errand list, because I can't finish without it. Why does inspiration strike at the worst possible moment? Like when I'm not prepared. :)

And last, but not least!
The DIY Club's voting is up! I am rooting for all of the contestants, and wish them all good luck. My project (Baseball Defined Coasters) is #8. So please do all of us entrants a favor and vote for your favorite! VOTE 
HERE! One vote per person!

Enjoy,

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! My first one did not look that nice, but I learned a lot from my mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot with this quilt as well. I think I will go back and quilt in between each block, but I think I'd like to do a flower or something basic. I'll have to see if I can find a template :)

    As long as we learn from our mistakes then they were not made in vain....that sounded really deep. :-)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I seriously need to make one, it's getting ridiculous how long it's taking. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete