Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/17/2010

Introducing the New and Improved - Craft Room!

Well she's done. FIN.ALL.Y!

It was lots of work, but I want to thank Stephen for helping me out with the room and with watching the kids. I am so happy that I have the space cleaned up, personalized and organized. I can now start sewing up all those pillow slipcovers I keep talking about selling. I've gotten 2 done....I think I need more than that. ;-)

The stripes on the wall are from Oooops paint from Lowe's and the shelves are not the sturdiest, but they'll do for now, or until I add clamps to them and secure them to the wall. All in all I think I spent about $150, mostly storage bins and the like for this room.


So without further ado - On to the show!
So this was the original plan. Things changed slightly. I do still want a new sewing table, but I was working with what I had mostly.  

View from the door
The old setup.
View from the door. We attached an over-the-door ironing board to the wall to save on floor space. Steve cut out notches on some left over 2x4 and mounted it on the wall, twice. After I painted it, I put  it back up and then it fell. He fixed it. 

The sewing table will be getting replace with a sawhorse desk. I found luaun doors at Lowe's that are 24" x 84" for $21. Can't wait to get started on that, but I need to finish some other things first. :) 
My pretty-fied computer area. Hopefully I'll be replacing that original wishblade with a new silhouette soon. 
6 of those bins are patterns. I need to get more bins, because some of them are full. Luckily these were on clearance at Lowe's for $2.41 a piece. Score! 
I got the idea for the bin labels from a pretty cool life. I love the bit of whimsy it adds. 
I also thought this quote was appropriate over my work desk.
I like this saying. It might be one of my new favorite quotes. Don't mind the grocery receipt in the corner. :) 
Hopefully now I will be more productive and not as antsy feeling in my craft room. I really was getting bugged by the mess. :)

Don't Forget!


Don't forget that tomorrow is when the $40 gift card gets given away so have your comments entered in order to be eligible! Here's the post.

The voting ends tomorrow for the DIY club. VOTE NOW!

I hope everyone is getting ready for the weekend and enjoy!
Heather

17 comments:

  1. i just wanted to let you know that i love you and your office! i just gave your blog an award over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful and it's the best feeling in the world to have it all organized and functional as you work. Good luck with your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Oh, to be so organised! Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful craft room! Everything looks like it has a place, unlike mine! I really like the stripe you added on the wall, and the wall quote is perfect. Great job on the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower from New Friend Friday. Love your craft room, so awesome!

    Hope you'll get the chance to follow me back. Have a good weekend!

    http://addicted2shius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I dont know what to say! That is one big and well-organised space you have there! *hides in shame and swears to never post pictures of craft area in corner of living room* I'm sure wonderful things will be made here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks AWESOME! I'm a new follower from New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *bows* Thank you, Thank you. I love the way the room works now. I think I've been in there more this week than I have all month (besides working on cleaning it out). I've never really been one for organizing and labeling everything...Till I had kids. Now everything is in a bin or basket and its labeled. It was a natural progression, I guess, from the family room to my room :)

    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new work room. I wish I could be that organized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the walls! That looks so great. Also I bet it is SO nice to now where everything is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great and I love the labels. I'm hosting WE're Organized Wednesday link party. I would love it if you would stop by and link up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so great! I love the labels and the great deal you go on the bins for you patterns! What a steal! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good makeover. ;) I am sooo envious of all your great storage space and supplies! You did a really good job with the layout in the room. Looks more conducive to working. Still jealous. ;)

    I'm visiting from Sarah's Before and After Party (my post is from yesterday). :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so good! I bet you are super thrilled to have it so organized now.
    I am in the process of setting up my craft room. I just moved and I actually get to have one in this house so it is still a work in progress. I hope to FINALLY have it done soon so I can get in there and be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did in your room. I've been working on organizing my craft stuff too. Sometimes I forget how much stuff I have.

    I love your quotes. Here is one of my favorites:

    Women and tea bags are the same. You never know how strong they are till they are in hot water. -Elinore Roosevelt

    I did my first term paper in 7th grade on Elinore Roosevelt and am finding her quotes really appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. just found this in a search about craft rooms and I LOVE IT!

    i am doing a series on my blog about unique craft spaces and would love for you to link this up!
    I will be doing a ton of features!

    Thanks
    Taylor
    http://www.itstaylormade.com/2011/11/craft-spaces.html

    ReplyDelete