Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/20/2010

Today is my 100th post!!

I almost feel like I should have a special 100th post. You know like TV shows do, but being as it's Father's Day...That will be my special 100th post special!

I'm going to keep it short and sweet, because I have lasagna to make for family dinner tonight, and it happens to be one my Dad's favorites!


But here are the gifts I whipped up for the Dad's in our family!





The washer keychains are all over bloggy land, but I used Helping Little Hands tute on it. Obviously I need practice, but at least the thought is there, and that's all that matters. ;-)

You all have seen two of Steve's gifts, but in case you missed them they are here:
Shirt
Coasters

I also made my dad some coasters, and Steve helped me pick out appropriate songs for him. My dad's favorite band is Pink Floyd. Every Sunday morning, while Mom was making breakfast for the family, Dad would have Pink Floyd on the stereo. Either Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall, there were probably all of the albums at one point or another, but those were probably the two most listened too. I also remember that one of the CD cases had a small LED in it that blinked. I can't remember which album though.  I also remember Dad beaning my sisters in the head (at different times though) with a baseball while playing catch. I am very happy to report that he never beaned me! Dad was immediately concerned and did the fastest sprint you've ever seen as soon as the ball left his hand. :)

Here's to remembering all of the father's that have past on before their time and to ones that are still here. Here's to remembering all of the good and passing by the not so good. Here's to celebrating our fathers, for no matter what our history, they helped shape all of us into the people we are today.

Happy Father's Day!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. The CD was titled "PULSE" and is a live recording. And thank you for the remembrance about baseball ;-).
    Luv Ya
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these gifts. So creative!
    Thanks so much for my award! You are too kind!
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete