Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/16/2010

Another side of me.....

I've been hiding something from ya'll and I didn't even realize that I'd done it! That's how scatter-brained I am sometimes. :) First off though, don't forget to vote for June's DIY Inc project and leave me your favorite quote here so you have a chance at winning a $40 gift certificate from CSN. Oh and this is going to be another photo heavy post :)

While cleaning up/out my craft room, I found a stack of invites and cards that I've made. You see I love to do paper crafts. I started scrapbooking when Dev was a year old, and while I'm insanely behind right now, I have several books done for the D-man and one started for H.

I started off scrapbooking strictly traditional, but the computer kept calling so then I did hybrid scrapping. I lay everything out in InDesign and then build from there. However, with H's book and about half of Dev's latest book, I've gone strictly digital. Its just so much easier!!!! Especially with a so many things going on, and I know that most of those things are self-imposed....but I enjoy a wide range of things. I truly believe that if I didn't have at least a dozen things going on at any one time I wouldn't know what to do with myself.


So here are some examples of what I've done card / invitation wise:

 And here are some of the scrapbook pages. You'll see the progression from traditional to digital. :)

I hope you all have enjoyed this little addition to my persona. I am definitely going to have to get back to the scrapbooking....Maybe I'll devote a day to it...I'll have to think on this one.

Enjoy,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE so many of the invitations/cards you have made!...the Pirate one for Christopher has always been one of my faves...SO creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from new friend friday love your blog…
    wow how awesome...I do the online and digital stuff but have yet to get brave enough to do the *in hand* stuff.
    I’m also one of your newest followers ♥

    http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/2010/06/friday-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! Yea, I realized just how behind I was on my scrapbooking with this post. I think that I may definitely have to do a Scrapping Saturday special or something :)

    ReplyDelete