Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/10/2010

What do you get....

What do you get when you're browsing through MarthaStewart.com? Like me, your brain probably starts going in all sorts of directions with new ideas. So what do you get when you cross these 4th of July decorations with a pillow? 




You get this!  :)




She's a little lumpy. I've got to let the kids bash her around a bit, but since this was my 2nd attempt at this, I'm very happy with the outcome. I don't know if she'll stay in my house or go in the shop which opens up July 1!  :)

Here are some more shots of her. :)  I did not do a tutorial on her, because my first idea....well it didn't pan out so well, but I will tell you that for the center medallion I used a scrapbooking mask and traced around it, then just colored her in. I picked up a bunch of these masks at Michael's, because they were on clearance. :)


Linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this pillow! And I love that your inspiration came from something as unsuspecting as 4th of July decorations! GReat job.

    Thanks for linking up with us over at The CSI Project!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! i love everything about it- the shape, the rusching, the clockface.... everything! now get back to your machine and make me one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for all of the comments! I was really nervous about this pillow, mainly because its round and for some reason circles and I do not get along. :) Yet I still try to woo them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great pillow! I love the clock and the ruffles and the raw edges. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pillow! I love the clock face, and the shape of the pillow is so fun. Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a thing about clock faces so your pillow really rocks my world. Love the ruching, too. Totally stylish and classy, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I'm so excited to be working with you on a giveaway.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Saturday is Crafty Day!
    Laura @ along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet. Looks like it was not the easiest thing to make. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In theory and execution it was easy to make, but getting the gathers right was interesting. I have another idea with the clock face but I need to put my room back together first :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed at your take on the inspiration! The pillow is gorgeous and I love the added clock face. It looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete