Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/04/2010

A Frittata for Spring

My boys are home! After a weekend of working hard on the bedroom, going to pick them up from their great-grandmother's was a welcome break. I'm not going to even attempt to tell you that I did not enjoy the break from my guys, but Monday could not come soon enough. There are some things that are not the same unless your family is all together, and dinner is one of these things. I did go over to my mom's for dinner on Sunday, but Stephen was not feeling well so he stayed home. The boys, were of course, not there. So only 4 of us graced her dinner table.

Tonight, however; I had all of my boys home and healthy, and I would like to share with you what we had for dinner. It was another new recipe from the Food Network magazine.


Spring Frittata
active time: 10 to 15 minutes / total time: 45 minutes / serves: 4 to 6 people

What you need:
8    eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup stale bread crumbs, cubed
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1    teaspoon thyme, chopped  **I used 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1    cup shredded zucchini
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

What you'll do:

  1. Preheat oven to 325. Combine milk and bread in a large bowl. Allow bread to soak in milk. Mix in the eggs, ricotta, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix gently. 
  2. Drizzle olive oil twice around a non-stick, oven proof pan. Saute zucchini in oil. Add egg mixture to zucchini and lightly stir. Cook until the bottom is set, then transfer to oven. Bake for 25 minutes. **I cooked the zucchini until almost all of the water had evaporated, a few minutes. I also let the egg mixture cook for about a minute before transferring to the oven. 




We very much enjoyed this dish, and will be repeating it. The nice thing is that this dish would make a wonderful breakfast or brunch dish as well.

I'm linking up to these parties and a blog hop, see below! :)
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

  1. Hello. I am here from Tuesday Tag-along and decided to follow. I hope you will come join me. http://traci66.blogspot.com While your there check out my 1st giveaway on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Stopping by from Tuesday Tag to be your newest follower! Hope you swing by mine!
    Have a great day.

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Tag Along Tuesday. http://thesqueakygrocerycart.blogspot.com/2010/05/tag-along-tuesday.html

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Tag Along Tuesday...OMG that fritta looks divine :) I make shabby, vintage greeting cards...stop by my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Following you from Tuesday Tag-Along!!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there....I am your newest follower from TTA. I love a good fritatta...but can you believe have never made one because I do not have a good recipe (OK, I realize that is partly due to some laziness of not researching one either).

    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. This recipe was so easy to make and even Dev liked it, so yay for something a 4-yo won't complain to loudly about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to craft so I had to pop by and see what this blog is all about. I'll be stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fritattas! So easy to make on lazy summer days. I am a brand new follower.I look forward to reading your blog!

    www.thefloweringdogwood.com

    ReplyDelete