Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/20/2010

Finally

Last night I made a trip to Target to pick up some resistance bands and one of those big giant fitness balls (just because I've always wanted one and they're great for ab workouts!) - also I wanted to get some chocolate milk to try out that whole Chocolate Milk Diet thing.

Well, getting these few little things seemed to act as a real motivation booster for me. I opened up those resistance bands and blew up that giant exercise ball the minute I got home! And let me tell you what... using the little foot pump to blow up that HUMONGOUS ball was a workout all in it's own, I broke quite a sweat and it took me a good 20 minutes to get it done. *whew*

As soon as Mike popped the kiddo in the tub I popped in the Power 90 DVD. Man-oh-man! What a great workout! I had never used resistance bands before - I picked up the "medium" strength since both Mike and I are no strangers to weight training, in fact it seems to be the only kind of exercise we were ever really able to regularly stick too... but wow! I LOVE those things! The brand I bought also came with a little attachment so you can use them with any household door for a bunch of different upper and lower body exercises. Definitely a plus!

The only downside was the stretches - the yoga-inspired stretches are definitely not meant to be done with running shoes on, in my opinion. Maybe it's just that I need new gym shoes, but the ones I have are pretty nice New Balance kicks. I definitely was not comfortable doing a lot of the stretches with them on. My main "pain" today is the top of my right foot oddly enough.

Even though I couldn't seem to get my butt in gear for the workouts earlier this week, I've done amazingly well with my calorie-counting. Yesterday was a bit of a hiccup between Chipotle and Cold Stone Creamery, but I was not especially hungry for dinner and then the estimated 380 calories burned during the workout brought me back down under my "goal". I've been averaging about 1700, not including exercise. This is a BIG cutback from my normal 2000-2500 intake. I'm really looking forward to the results I can achieve maintaining this. As I mentioned in my introduction post, I plan on allowing myself one "cheat" day during the week - this will most likely be Saturday. Nothing like a weekly calorie binge to confuse that metabolism!

Anyhoo - I'm feeling pretty good today, not too sore all things considered, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next workout tonight!


edit: "before" photos will be coming soon! Just have to get them loaded to the home computer from the camera!

2 comments:

  1. I think we have the same bands....I got annoyed at that door attachment thing because I kept stepping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it does get a little bit in the way sometimes

    ReplyDelete