Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/15/2010

Color of Personality

Everyone has been talking about these 'Decorating Personality' quizzes, and each time I've tried taking one I get a response of: Your color/decor personality is                       .  Apparently, my style is blank? I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure I have color in my house. :) So I found a quiz in a magazine. Well surely, it'll tell me what style it thinks I am, based on my answers, so let's do this together.

  1. What's the first color you see in the morning? Yellow, my bedroom windows face ESE so guess what greets me every morning?
  2. What color are your eyes? Brown
  3. What color do you wear the most? Dark Indigo, the color of my jeans. 
  4. What color do you never wear? Lavender
  5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? Um......black? Possibly va-va-va VOOM red? I don't know I don't usually associate a color with feeling sessy. It's more a state of mind, methinks.
  6. What color gets you the most compliments? Apricot, Peach or Tangerine
  7. What color is your lipstick? Nude or mauve, depending on the style I'm going for.
  8. What color was your living room when you were growing up? White
  9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? Pink, then I changed it to cream when I was old enough to have an opinion. 
  10. What color are your sheets? Well the sheets I {just} bought are gold, but Ecru is on the bed right now. 
  11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? Brown, while I was a preschooler, after that I didn't have a favorite...I love all the colors. 
  12. What color is your car? Does this matter? I bought it used and didn't really have a choice in the matter, but it's silver.
  13. What color was your prom dress? Which one? I went to 4 proms. I know one was lavender {wore this one to 2 proms}. One was white, and the last one was pale pink. 
  14. What's your favorite gemstone? Um, anything that sparkles? But I guess I'm partial to Opals, because that's my birthstone.
  15. What is your favorite flower? Finally an easy one! Gerbera Daisies!
  16. What color makes you happiest? Um, yellows, reds, oranges, bright blues, happy greens....ok, really any bright, cheery color makes me happy. :) 
  17. What color depresses you? Is this even possible? I couldn't pick a color that makes me happiest so why would I be able to pick one that depresses me? 
  18. What color calms you? A pale, whisper of a blue-green.
  19. What color makes you grind your teeth? There are colors that can do that? 
  20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? An all white room. I'd be afraid of how messy me/the boys/the whole family would get it. It would not stay white very long. 
So after we answer all of these questions, we get told -
Trying to figure out the colors you really love? Just fill in the blanks above. We're pretty confident you'll find the answer on this page. 

Yea.....cause that's helpful. Who invented these quizzes?

So apparently, I like all colors, except maybe possibly white. Oh and lavender. Terrific.

I know I said I'd do Dev's shirt today, but I got sidetracked, shockingly enough. :) I'll do his shirt tomorrow. I promise.

Another sidetrack - Have any of you gals read the Pigeon series by Mo Willems? Love.those.books.  My favorite parts are when the Pigeon is trying to convince you that you should let him do whatever it is that you're not supposed to let him do. I just reminded myself of that pigeon. :)
I'll show you his shirt tomorrow. I promise. Monday, at latest. ;-)
Here's a sneak peek of my 'punk'  :) Apparently, this is Guitar Hero font. It's not, but that's what he's dubbed it. 
Hope you guys have a wonderful Saturday! My Saturday is chock full and I'm really looking forward to resting on Sunday {ha! yea right!}!

3 comments:

  1. I feel kind of similar. I love other people's rooms done in textured whites and creams. I love soft robin's egg blue. I love spicy cinnamon and soft yellow. I love greens!

    Oh, well. Color is awesome, isn't it?!!!

    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it funny that you never wear lavender but yet you wore the same lavender prom dress to 2 proms. Leads me to ask, "were they bad proms?"

    I agree that color is awesome. Can't think of a single color I dislike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its true....all color is awesome.

    As to the prom dress question.....the proms were fine, but the dress color was a wisteria shade of purple, and yes....that was the last time I ever wore it :)

    My sister did have purple for our bridesmaids dresses but they were like dark chocolate hershey kiss wrappers :) I am just not really a purple kind of girl, but I do like the muted purple-grays that seem to be big right now. :)

    ReplyDelete