Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/30/2010

Abra Cadabra and Bippity Boppity Bo!

While no magic spell will transform a trashcan into anything other than a receptacle for holding whatever, we can pull out our magic craft sticks and transform it into something pretty.

So here is our first volunteer!  She isn't much to look at, but she's got potential!


Here's the first part of the transformation....she's been in the sun a bit.

So after the final wave of our craft wand, here she is! Some jute and paint will make everything better!





I hope you enjoyed today's short little bit, and are having a wonderful holiday weekend.

Linking up to:
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. what a great idea to dress up a plain wastebasket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that is fabulous. I would be proud to display that trash can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhile ago I purchased 4 white little garbage cans and let the kids paint away. Then I set each one on top of my dryer and they turned into sock holders. I loathe folding socks. As I took the clothes out of the dryer, I would deposit each sock in its correct bin and when it was full or they needed socks the kiddos each get their bin and fold away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! Bookmarking this idea for sure! Great job. Visiting from The Girl Creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tease...love it. Cannot wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO clever! And turned out perfect!
    You're amazing!
    HUGS,
    Cindy Adkins
    www.recoveryartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project. Looks like you may have forgotten to put a link to the Boardwalk Bragfest on your post. Would you please try again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab - a very successful transformation! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete