Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/20/2010

Now I know why they call it the Ab "Ripper"...

Before I tell you how everything went, I need to pass along the funny little story from last night. Heather and I had finished our cardio routine and were doing the 10 of 10 (10 moves / 10 reps) for the Ab Ripper routine. About halfway through, I went to do a curl and let out a little squeaker (think the final part of the Jeff Daniels scene in Dumb and Dumber). This sent us into a laughing frenzy that made the next 5 reps nearly impossible to perform.

As yesterday wore on, I became more and more dead on my feet. I would tell you what part of me was sore, but it might be easier to list out what wasn't, so here we go; My right index finger and my left ear lobe. To make matters worse, "I've never been what you would call a smart man," I decided that when I got to the office, I really didn't want to take the elevator. So, like the ever so courageous person I am, I decided to use the stairs. Right now you are thinking, "Wow Steve, way to take the initiative and put your health in your own hands. That was really smart." Oh, did I tell you I work on the 11th floor? I didn't think so.

Last nights exercises were what we missed on Tuesday, we'll be doing it again tonight to catch up and be back on track. I had some early problems with the Yoga as I am, let's be honest, short and plump. My legs don't always do what my brain says and my brain never does what my body wants. I eventually got the hang of the poses and was able to keep up.

After Yoga, I believe we went into jumping jacks. I don't like those. Let's move on.

After the jumping jacks we did some kind of weird Dance Dance Revolution thing with fast steps and bouncing back and forth. Had it not been for the obvious lack of attendance of Bruno Tonioli, I may have thought I was on ABC's Dancing with the Stars.

We then moved into Kicking and Punches. I really, really, really liked these. With ever kick or punch, I could feel the pain in my muscles relaxing. Every jab seemed to loosen my bicep and every kick released the pressure in my calves and quads. I was dead tired by the time we finished. However after a shower and my little 8oz glass of 1% chocolate milk, I felt, [shocked]better[/shocked].

Today I feel very little pain and discomfort. I've honestly never made it past day 3 of a work out routine (sorry Jillian) but I don't see any reason why I won't continue on this one.

P.S. Tony Horton.. sorry about comparing you to the devil..

No comments:

Post a Comment