Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/14/2010

A Quick Change

Today was a day for getting things done. Small things, but things nevertheless. I got 20 pink napkins bleached back into the realm of white. I also washed up some of the new bedding for the master bedroom, and painted over my stenciling from this weekend. I made dinner, cleaned up the family room and kitchen. I also decorated a shirt for Dev. I'll show you that tomorrow, because I do need something to talk about. :) Let's see.....what else got done?

Oh, Steve helped me out by enabling me to be doing two things at once. :) I started priming the nightstands while he was doing bath and bed for the kids, then he came in, and very graciously finished priming the one piece, while I was working on another painting project. The other piece will be sprayed tomorrow, because the detail on these pieces is insane.


I also got a quick update done in the guest bedroom. Remember that lamp from yesterday? The ugly brass adorned lamp? Not so brassy any more! Here's the before of the room:
Please excuse the unmade bed. :( As you can see it's a small, white room. 

So this is where those couch pillows got to. At least I have plans for them! Also notice the somewhat ugly nightstand. 

There's the detail of the somewhat ugly nightstand. Its not bad....but they're chunky looking and I have too much on my plate. 

This dresser I got off of Craig's List for $50. I painted it half-heartedly and it's showing. She needs some proper love and attention. Its' on my list. :) 

Some pictures of family, and a mirror from Ikea.


Here's the other side of the bed. That picture refuses to hang straight. Grrrr.

This was a freebie from my Mother-in-law. She matches the bed pretty well. 

Here are the colors I'm considering for this room. I don't think I like any of these colors any longer. :( 
 So here are some of the updates done today. :) We're getting somewhere now!
Look, some flowers sprouted up! I got this little bouquet from Michael's for like $2 a while back, when all the spring stuff was on sale. 

Same picture without the light on. :) The room doesn't get bad light for just one little basement window. :)  Oh and the door that is open is a walk-in closet. It was supposed to be a DVD closet for Steve, but we've decided on a different option for the DVD storage.

The little tables were our nightstands. We bought them shortly after moving back down to VA. They were $20 a piece at Ikea. Not bad tables, but I'm tired of using them as my nightstands. :)

Here's the lamp from my find from yesterday. Doesn't she look so much better with a silver base? I think so. :) 

Here's the other side, the opposite table holds a picture of my great-great-grandmother, and a birdcage I found at The Very Thing in Haymarket. :) 

There is still more to be done in this room, but at least I've got a starting off point. I hope you guys enjoyed this little tour of my guest room. I hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. lovely - the room is looking so nice - that lamp is so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your curtains go all the way to the ceiling. I can see the little tiny window that they are covering. It makes so much more sense to use floor to ceiling drapes b/c it helps make the room look that much bigger. That's what they say anyway and what I plan to do in the new house. Love the lamp by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is a labor of love. Its going to be the only 'girly' room in the house, and even then I don't know how much girl I can take, but I'm liking the palette of white that's been started. I'm actually thinking that a soft gray would look nice down there, but I'm not certain yet. :) Thank you for leaving me such nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete