Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/19/2010

I'm calling mulligan

Okay, so I swear I will be posting pictures soon so Heather is no longer alone in showing the world the "before"!

However, these pictures may not be going up until Monday. Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. I have to call a mulligan.

This week has been the biggest snafu in history. It began as early as Saturday. I knew better than to drink that whole bottle of wine by myself and stay up until 4am, but damn if I didn't do it anyway. So then I had to spend all of Sunday sleeping. And when you spend all of a Sunday sleeping it makes it hard to go to bed when you should in order to get up at 6:30am on a Monday to go to the gym before work... and then you tell yourself you'll go after work but you have to go have family dinner and uncomfortable drinks with a dramatic friend instead. And then because of these uncomfortable drinks you stay up until midnight telling your husband about it and then that makes 6:30am on Tuesday morning impossible too... and then work goes insane and your mother needs you so Tuesday evening gets shot as well. I have no excuse for today... Wednesday... because, well, it's not over yet and I just flat couldn't get myself out of bed this morning for the gym once again.

So I say SCREW IT!!! I give up on you, week-of-May-17th!!! I give up, I say. I call a mulligan, a do-over, a restart.

I solemnly swear that beginning Monday May 24th I will begin the Power 90 workout. Mike's shoulder should be healed up by then, and he'll be happy to have the workout buddy. Now, there is a distinct possibility I will even start this tonight, but I want to maintain Sunday as a "rest" day so it may be I redo days 1-4 again next week just to fall back on the 6 days on/1 day off schedule.

....you know, it was back in February that I had told myself by this time I would ALREADY be back to 180lbs... but then I quit watching my diet and taking myself seriously. Shame on me. Seriously.

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do this normally.. I'd be all sympathetic and feel bad.. but you told us to keep on you.. so I'm doing it. :)

    I went to bed Sunday at 4 AM also.. we'll call it 3:30 since I went in and out during your conversation. I didn't get any naps on Sunday. In fact I ran cable through the basement. :)

    I then went to bed at midnight.. Come on Jess.. Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical, let's get into physical. Let me hear your body talk, Your body talk, let me hear your body talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the problem is when I don't sleep I then have aura migraines all day... so I'm not getting anything done anyway 'cause I'm like 80% blind.

    I'm not giving up - I'm giving up on Monday and Tuesday. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Wednesday and Thursday and .. hehe.. kidding. Probably good to wait until AFTER the potluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought we were supposed to be pressuring her :) Not giving reasons to wait! :) Lol. Probably woudl be good to wait until Mike heals, but maybe a nice evening walk before J goes to bed would be nice and at least you'd be getting physical :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I told him I'm probably gonna go ahead and start tonight, but then we'll just both start over Monday when his shoulder is (hopefully) feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! It actually goes by pretty quick..

    ReplyDelete