Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/27/2010

Being a Baseball Widow

I know some of you gals will sympathize with me about being a baseball widow, but I'm not just a baseball widow....I'm a red sox widow. *sigh* I know that Papi has hit 8 home runs recently despite early-in-the-season talk that he was in a slump. I know that Jacoby Ellsbury just came off the injured list after breaking some ribs. I don't know these things because I want to know them. I know them because my husband told me, because like any good wife I have learned enough about his interest to be able to have a conversation with him. I'm sure you all can empathize.


Harrison was born in October of last year. I got told that I could not give birth on a day that there was a game if they made it to the post-season. He was joking {I think}.

Its a little early for father's day, but I have decided that I'm going to do a baseball-themed father's day for Steve. This is the first project of this theme.  Don't ya'll find it a little easier to do gifts for someone if you have a theme? I do. :)

So it's another freezer paper creation, and it was TIME consuming, but worth it. :)



 Personally I think the chair wears the shirt better than the couch. :) I can't wait to get all of his gifts done. He's seen this one already, but he still has to wait. :) 

Here are some links to PNG images I made for you guys in case you all have a baseball fanatic or a Red Sox fanatic in your household. These would look lovely as a transfer instead of being painted on {and a lot simpler}. Just remember to mirror the image, because I didn't do that. Sorry. :) You could copy the definition and change baseball to any sport or anything else you might be fanatic about. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. Pure unadulterated awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not married yet...I guess this is what I have to look forward to...haha. Just kidding! Guys are usually great when us girls want to go to a chick flick. :)

    I'm visiting from TAT. I would love it if you stopped by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful idea...I will be making a Georgia Tech one for my hubby! The problem for me is that he has tuurned me into a fanatic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I should probably make a UVa one for me :)

    thank you for all of the wonderful comments. I had a wonderful time making this for Dev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! You have a really great blog here!

    I'm your newest follower...if you get a chance could you please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great baseball idea! We have the opposite situation here. I AM the baseball fanatic! I loooove baseball and my husband has come to love it just as much. I only know one person who loves it more than I do. That would be my 8 yr old son who actually sleeps with a baseball glove and ball right next to his pillow. Thanks again for sharing! if you get a chance stop by my blog simplematters2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually done alot of freezer paper stuff without using mirror image just an FYI. Looks great and I instantly think I am going to make one for my bf.

    ReplyDelete