Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/27/2010

The Completion of Week 1!

I haven't posted in a couple days - so here's a quick update on this week so far and completing my first week (7 days) doing P90:

Tues and Weds were days 6 and 7 for me. I'm still feeling really good about the workouts and have noticed that I'm sleeping much better at night. It's still hard getting out of bed when the alarm first goes off, but I'm noticing that the "wake up" process goes more quickly for me now. Instead of it taking an hour to feel like I'm really awake and functioning, it only takes about 10-15 mins. That is a huge difference!

I'm still really looking forward to the workouts everyday. I did notice that after doing BOTH cardio and sculpt on Monday, it was really hard to get through cardio on Tuesday - I felt a bit sluggish after the first 10 or 15 minutes. We'll see if I feel the same way tonight. I'm hoping it'll be a bit easier since I had that cardio "break" yesterday.

I noticed a really big difference doing sculpt last night - I felt like I was barely working at all. For a little while there I was getting a little paranoid that I wasn't burning the calories I normally would, pretty much the only thing that "proved" to me that my body was getting a work-out was the sweat pouring down my face. I really wasn't expecting it to seem so "easy", but it was really exciting to feel those kind of results in just one week!

On a different note - I have to say I'm a little disappointed because I had this entirely fantastical and unrealistic expectation that I would have lost at least some fraction of inches and/or at least a pound or two after this first week - which I have not. But, having been an off-and-on gym rat for quite some time, I know that just because the scale and the measuring tape aren't reflecting results yet doesn't mean results aren't happening! I also know that with all the resistance training and muscle conditioning I'll probably GAIN weight before I lose it -- muscle weighs more than fat, as we all know, and you build muscle a lot quicker than you burn fat. It's as simple as that.

Some results I have seen so far: My arms are much more tone, and I've lost a good deal of fat from them already - which is perfect for this hot weather we've been having and the tank-tops coming back out of the closet. My legs are toning up nicely too, though the evil cellulite hasn't started to disappear yet - especially getting some good definition in my calves, which I've never been able to accomplish before. And then, of course, the higher energy and the better sleep/wake-up time I mentioned above. I haven't noticed much a difference in my belly region - which is what I want to get rid of the most. But I know that is usually the last thing to go, so I'm trying not to focus on that so much right now.

I'm looking forward to these next couple weeks and really hoping I have some visible results by the 30 day mark seeing as swimming pool season is upon us!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! We will have completed week 1 tonight. We jumped around a bit because of our 4 day break. We're going to be doubling up on the workouts. Cardio adn then sculpt.

    ReplyDelete