Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/21/2010

Another One Bites the Dust...

I'm chipping away at my to do list. The duvet is 98.9% done. It would have been completed, but someone was missing some Velcro. I'll need to talk to Stephen about keeping Velcro stocked. ;-)
This would be the afternoon sun streaming through my windows.
There's the duvet eating my work space. Can't wait until that Velcro gets put on.
I did get the painting done, so that's another thing off the list. So what was left? Oh yea, cleaning and more cleaning, and then the pillows. I'm not worried about the pillows. I'm not doing anything fancy to them, so it should not take long to get them sewn up and the trip to get some Velcro might also yield some pretty trim for the pillows....just simple cording, I think.

I keep looking at the supplies for a project that I want to start, but I guess I'm having problems fully forming the idea. I have a lot of loose recipes and right now I put them in a 4x6 brag book, but the little book is getting full. I bought a little 1" three-ring binder and some of those adhesive photo album sheets. I figure I can print out the recipes on a 5x7 cards and then for those involved recipes I could just use a full sheet, but I can't decide how to make it look. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

I also wanted to talk about sheets today. Why sheets? Why not? I bought a set of sheets a while back that were supposedly 100% Egyptian Cotton and 1000 thread count for only $20 yea yea I got taken. They were {horrendous} Stephen and I had to wear socks to bed because our feet would snag them every time. They now look like ratty old gym socks.....2 months later, and we only tried them out for 2 weeks. Yay for Quality!

So then I read an article that discussed thread count and percale, and guess what? Of the two, percale is more important. So when shopping for new sheets, again. I talked to my grandmother, because she knows everything, and if she doesn't......see the previous statement. :) Ok, so she's not like that in real life, but she does know a ton of stuff and not to mention she might just  be married to the most persnickety man in creation. Love Ya, Grandpa! He likes only 100% cotton towels and sheets. He loves adores has an obsession with white, and has only recently decided to incorporate any paint color other than white into their home (they've only lived there for 50 years)....its a blue white. Its small, but its a step :) So she knows whats what when it comes to household stuff that will please him. I mentioned my problem with the sheets, so she goes to her go to encyclopedia of examples, the JC Penney catalouge, and flips to the bedding section, and then explains to me that while a high thread count will make the sheets feel softer, in order for them to feel nice, aka not snag by looking at them wrong, then you need a good percale. So I ask her if the 300TC sheets I was looking at were nice....her first comment.....well, yea, but they're not 100% cotton. So I said, oh but look they have 300TC 100% Egyptian Cotton here for the same price.....done. So on my bed right now are those 300TC, 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets, and I gotta say they feel as nice as our 450TC Target specials, and were $5 cheaper, which we all know is equivalent to one of my fav's, the Venti Peppermint Mocha. :)
They may be nice sheets, but they sure as heck aren't wrinkle-free. I may have to invest in some wrinkle-free sheets next time. 
Oh and I want to mention the color. In the above conversation, the subject of getting man sweat out of the sheets. It doesn't matter how neat and tidy the guy is....they sweat in their sleep and you can't get it out. So hence, the darker color sheets, but if  any of you gals knows how to get those sweat stains out then I'm all ears. :)

I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment