Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/29/2010

Exploring Inspiration

So its not like I'm drawing a blank on pillow ideas....I have lots of those, but I'm feeling in a funk about what to do with some of the other spaces in the house, so its time that I found some inspiration for them.
Harrison is ready to go! 

One of my favorite things to do is tour all of the model homes in the area. In Northern Va there are a {ton} of new home communities and most of them have model homes. So Mom, Steve, Harrison and I all piled into the car and took a tour of some  homes. Our plan was to hit 5 homes, but that didn't happen. We visited two and got some good ideas. The third we drove by because Harrison was eating, don't worry Steve was feeding him some fruit medley while I was driving down the gravel road. The 4th we never found. Then we decided to drive around Bull Run Mountain, and looked at all the pretty landscaping. The 5th house we stopped by but we didn't stay at long, because while it was open it should not have been. It was not anywhere near ready to be open to the public. We'll go back and visit that house in about a month.


So here are some of the photos we snapped today. I have to thank Steve for snapping these, because I was either talking to the salespeople or carrying H. Thanks sweetie!

I love these simple flower arrangements! I can do these, I think

I just liked the feel of this dining room. Its smaller than mine and would not hold my furniture but it's small and intimate, which is nice. 

If this were my house, I'd have this sunroom as a casual dining area, but I love food, cooking and all things entertaining. They had it set up very nicely though, as a sitting area. 

This is stamped concrete! Steve and I have been batting around ideas for what to do with our backyard. We've been discussing a small landing and then steps down, but before seeing this patio he'd been set on a deck. Now he's rethinking that idea. One of these days, I'll have to show you my backyard dilemma. 

The color scheme on the left is adorable for a girl, but it makes me think of sherbet. The valance on the right side is super simple and adorable for a boys room. The room was sports-themed and this banner-esque valance is perfect for that theme! Imagine some wood blinds or bamboo roman shades behind them!

Small, adorable boy break. I miss my big boy, but he's visiting his grandparents. He missed the fun today :( Harrison is loving the extra attention from everyone though, but he's been looking around all day like he's looking for Dev. My boys are the best! 

Mirrors are everywhere! I love those mirrored canisters, but I'm not so sure about the mirrored headboard. Steve liked this headboard as maybe a possibility for the guest room, but I'm not so sure.....and I'd have to move all the sheers from behind the bed. :) 

This room is adorable. I love the blues and green in this girl's room. The valances are pleated on the corners, and with the welting and the ruffles its girly but a little bit grown-up. How do you like the peg-board headboard? I really like it! It looked like it was trimmed out with 1x6's and come small cove moulding. I think this could be cute for H's room when he's a bit older. Primary colors would look great like this too! 

This mirror looks vaguely familiar. :-P I might have to try out the variation of this for someone....Now who needs a mirror? 

Steve is getting ideas for a bar for our basement. He really liked the wainscoting below the bar top, and I liked the wall cabinets used as base cabinets behind the bar. Way to save on space! 

Love this dining room, but look....what's back behind the buffet? I think someone had the same idea I had. Oh well. Mom thought that the narrow frame on this piece didn't do it justice, and that a chunkier frame looked better. Thanks, Ma! The camera on the cell did not pick it up real well, but inside the tray is grass cloth. It looked fabulous up there! 

This is another sunroom, I liked how they set this one up better, but I was not a fan of the ceiling paint scheme. I like all the moulding work, but the colors were kind of distracting for me, especially since they had such a strong presence in the rest of the room. Couldn't you just imagine these colors in a bedroom, study or basement as well? 

This is a wonderful kitchen. I definitely have kitchen-envy! I don't know if you can see but the valances were pleated and then layered with butterfly valances. Very pretty and soft. 

Steve is in love with this built-in. This is one of many pictures. He'd like to emulate it to hold his DVD collection. I think it'd just be a wonderfully warm way to frame out our behemoth of a TV that's in the basement.

One more parting picture. I am finally going to be doing something with those sidelights that I bought from my grandfather. I called him today to double check my plans for them. The sidelights are from the childhood home of my great-grandfather. I hope to be working on the sidelights in the coming weeks. They are going to require some work! I'm also going to include some history about the house and farm that is still in our family! :) 

I hope you guys enjoyed these snaps, and maybe they'll inspire some ideas in you too! Till next time, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment