Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/18/2010

Day of Fail

Well, turns out my Day 1 was more a Day of Fail. I had every intention of doing a quick home work-out yesterday evening, but unfortunately real-life got in the way. I completely forgot about dinner plans with my folks and my aunt who was in town from Louisiana - that was the first block. Then ended up going to meet up with a friend who "required" immediate resolution for an on-going disagreement. So, even though I didn't get to bed until just after midnight, I told myself "I AM going to get up and get to the gym in the morning." Well, I did wake up at 6:30am. However I didn't get much further than opening my eyes and sitting up before it was obvious that my work-day was going to be near impossible running on little sleep and lots of stress. To be honest, as I write this I'm struggling to keep my eyes open... a cup of caffeinated tea may be required.

I would be lying if I didn't say I'm beating myself up a little bit over my lack of motivation yesterday and this morning. I used to always think I had to start these kinds of changes on a Monday - beginning of the week, beginning of a new lifestyle - but I've read several fitness articles that say not to focus so much on what day you start, but just that you're starting at all. I'm trying to have a positive outlook on today and may, for this week, need to just hit the gym in the evenings until I can get myself on an earlier bedtime routine.

Something positive about yesterday - I managed to stick to my "diet" pretty well. I'm shooting for 2000 calories a day with regular exercise. Yesterday I came in at about 1700. Not bad. I'm using The Daily Plate to track my meals and caloric intake. It's a pretty neat little tool.

Here's to today improving and hopping on the motivation train for my work-out later!

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up.. life does sometimes get in the way and I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be surprised if our Power90 ends up being a Power 96 ;)

    Just make sure to not keep putting it off. :)

    ReplyDelete