Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/17/2010

I'm a Muffin top?!

I guess it's true, it says so on the internet. I can honestly say out of all of the things that have made me unhappy in my life, my current weight is #1. I was always a little "husky" growing up, I was really into sports (mostly baseball) and spent a lot of time playing it on teams and with friends. When none of my friends were available to play, I would play wall-ball, throwing a tennis ball against an outside wall and fielding grounders. I could and would do this for hours. My build even in my pre-teen years earned me the nickname from my brother as The Future Kirby Puckett.

I stopped playing sports for the most part when I got into high school. I was moving at the end of my Freshman year and knew I could not finish the baseball season, so I did not try out. The coach asked me personally, as he had already spoken to the coach from my Jr. High team, but I declined. I still regret this decision. After I moved I never thought about playing again. I maintained a weight throughout high school of about 165 (I was at full height at that point of 5' 8"). I could have stood to lose a few lbs, but I was by no means out of shape.

Trouble came in the form of a wife who is a fantastic cook! Portion control was always my biggest enemy and now with so much amazing food on my plate, it was hard to resist. It started off relatively slow, however within a few years I crept past 200. A couple years after that 220 and now a whopping 238. I am not comfortable in my own skin most of the time, I'm not a big fan of the pool or beach and long walks scare the hell out of me.

I have a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful sons. If there was no other reason to get healthy and lose weight, this would be enough. I like to share things with people (whether it be my time, my cigars, my beer, my house). I've never been good at sticking to something by myself. I've quit on Jillian Michaels and on the elliptical that has more dust on it than sweat. Hopefully my friends who are choosing to endure the Power 90 at the same time can keep me in check.

The Stats:

Starting Weight: 238lbs
Waist: 42 (eff)
Height: 5' 8" (My back is screwed up, I post this as i've heard getting in better shape can align you and possibly make you taller.. let's see).

Goal after 90 days: 36" waist and 190 (I know.. it's ambitious)

About Me: I am 29 years old (30 in 2 short months). I am married and have two wonderful boys. I am a web developer and graphic designer, however I have some pretty major business goals slated for the next 2 years which will take me out of the computer industry and into the Cigar Industry. I own The Cigar Network, a media group and parent of CigarFriendly.us, CigarClubhouse.org and YourCigarRatings.com which is a site I am working on in partnership with a great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment