Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/25/2010

Saturday Shenanigans!

So Saturday was uber-busy for us, but I want to tell you about it anyway. As most of bloggy-land knows Saturday was the day of the Luckett's Spring Fair and I was going. Come hell or high water. Despite the fact that at 1 o'clock Dev had a game and at 4 o'clock we were having a pot-luck of finger foods with about 22 of our friends and family. I figured that if Mom and I got out of the house by 8 (Lucketts is about 45 minutes from me) then we'd have plenty of time to get there, browse and then be home by noon, because Dev's game was in Manassas and it'd take me at least 20 minutes to get there.

Yea, none of that plan happened. I didn't wake up early, because H decided that he'd sleep till 7, but we still made it out of the house by 9....I still figured we could have some fun. So up Rt. 15 we went. We got sidetracked though. By a pink and black polka-dotted silo and a handwritten poster board sign that said antiques. I stopped. I couldn't help myself. :) We never did  make it to the Spring Fair at Luckett's. We drove by saw the crowd and said....ehhhh, not gonna happen. We got sidetracked on the way home by Michael's and Dev missed his game, because I didn't get home until 1. Ooooops. :)

Here's the take I ended up with:



All told I spent about $70 on this. The chair had no price tag, but the nice lady said $20 and I said sold. We bartered a bit on the table's price. She originally wanted $60, I said $45 and she said Ok. The window was supposed to be $14, I would have given her $10 if she hadn't said $8 first. :) The nice thing about this lady and her shop was that they offered free repainting of any of their pieces. On-site painting. She had brought her spray gun and paints. What a lady! I am looking forward to going back to see her and the pink silo, because the main shop of this little venue had GOR.GE.OUS chandeliers inside and I'm thinking my dining room needs  some sparkle.

The window didn't last an hour in my house before I had her spiffed up with some vinyl and sittin' pretty in my laundry room. I know its not centered, but meh....you can't tell and if you can, then back up :)



 The chair immediately got put to use during the party, as did the table. The table may get a coat of black and then distressed, but I'm not certain yet. I had been thinking about a coat of olive, but I'm not sure I could handle any color furniture other than black in my family room. I just had lightening strike....about a red undercoat! ;-) I'm also thinking of a gold and black distressed finish on the chair. What do ya'll think?

I also wanted to let you guys know that I tried another variation on the cake balls from Bakerella. I made up some spice cake with chocolate frosting and then dipped in dark chocolate and they were de.lish! Although, I need to reread her directions on how to get them to be cake pops instead of cake balls, because my cake did not like staying on the lollipop sticks. Sadness, but they were still yummy!
Such a delicious, gooey mess! 
They looked so pretty in the fridge! 
There were 5 left of the 50 that I had set out. I think Dev ate about 20 of them. Just kidding, I hope! 

I hope all of you had as much fun on Saturday as I did. Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Love the looks of your antique store finds. You did pretty good on Sat. and you even got to sleep in a little.
    Nice to meet you. Following and tagging along!
    :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tag along Tuesday follower. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you now via Tag Along Tuesday. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Tuesday tag along! Please follow me back

    http://helpingunitefatherandson.blogspot.com/

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's too pretty for a laundry room! It turned out wonderful! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like getting sidetracked that way. You had a great time and found some treasure. Hope you get to go back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey There!

    I'm a new follower from Tuesday Tag Along! I hope you'll stop by and follow me too!
    And while your there feel free to check out my giveaway for a $100 American Express Giftcard.

    http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete