Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/23/2010

Aaaaand Now.......

The event you've all been waiting for! My bedroom. She's done...except for those pillows that I didn't think I'd have any trouble getting done. I could not find trim that I liked for them....of course, I didn't go to Hancock so that could have been part of  my problem. I went to 2 Jo-Ann's and both had what I wanted, but not 6 yards of it. I just wanted an olive green lipped cord.....not hard. I know if I had gone to Hancock they would have had something. Hancock's home dec trim selection is soooo much larger. :)

Beware of a very picture infested post. :) So on to the show!


My bedroom is 17 x 22, and that's a lot of wall space to fill and paint, bur we did it! You'll have to forgive the darkness of some of the pictures, but its raining here today and the sun is not shining into our room like she normally does.

Don't mind the mess. I wanted candid before pictures. There was no reason to make our room pretty every day because it was unimpressive. 

This is looking into our room from the common area. 

This is my dresser, before and after. I uncluttered her. I still have all of the sentimental stuff that was on it, but it's now all  put away. 

Steve's dresser. His dresser never got very cluttered. :) You have to love my $2 yard sale mirror that I swiped from the basement! It's the perfect topper for his dresser. 

Our nightstands before, you know these....I moved them to guest bedroom. Ack, cords are everywhere! There is one outlet on the wall behind our bed. Cause that makes sense. 


I found these nightstands at the Salvation Army. I don't have a before picture of them, but they were an awful 70's wood color. I painted them with a shade darker and a shade lighter than the wall color. The darker color is called Epic...so my nightstands are now Epic! BTW, all of  the paint I used is Valspar. 

The doorway in the back there is into our closet. Its also on the list to be redone.

The before picture is the amount of light that streams in about noontime. It's usually much brighter in the early morning. You can see the difference in today's picture, because there is no sun, which is why every light is on. Oh and notice the massive duvet. I'm so glad it turned out nicely, because it didn't I may have just given up and cried. There is blood and sweat in that thing. I stabbed myself while working on it, and didn't realize it. I got confused when I saw red on the green border and it didn't wipe away. I got even more confused with another smear of red showed up just below where my hand had been. Then it dawned on me that....Oh, it's blood...I must be bleeding. I was and luckily, all of the blood cleaned out of my duvet with a little water. :) 




My grandfather made the bed. We inherited this bed when my Dad brought it home after helping move his Mom into an assisted-living facility, but he liked the bed that Mom and him have so I snatched it up, because I do not have many pieces that Bumpa made. You can see some of his sketches and what not on the slats. I did not know those drawings were there and I'm so glad we found them! 

Here's the room cleaned out and ready for paint.

Here's Stevie smiling over the size of that 18" roller. He was very happy when another customer at Lowe's pointed it out to him in the paint dept. That roller made quick work of the walls! 

Here's our frog taped ceiling. Frog tape works so much better than blue tape, IMO. I know it costs more, but I'd rather pay the extra in order to have crisp pretty lines. 

There's Stevie rolling and then completed paint around the room. The color is called Dakota Trail and it's very chameleon-like going from a soft taupe to a darker greeny-hued silt color. 




Here is my chandelier!!! We had a discussion conversation about what to put up. Fan or chandelier. I'm sure you all can guess what side of the fence I was on. :) Stephen didn't argue with me when I told  him I really wanted a chandelier because I wanted to walk into my own little hotel room, and he liked that idea. It certainly didn't hurt that when we went to Lowe's to get all of our paint and supplies they had this chandelier on clearance for $50! Score! 


The hope chest at the end of the bed was a wedding gift from my grandmother and grandfather. They built and finished it to match the queen bed we had when we got married. 

Here's the finishing and dressing area. What's that above the light? You can visit the vanity's post here and the mirror post here

Remember the stenciling project that didn't get completed? Here's the alternative that I came up with! I found a medallion stencil that I liked and framed out the chandelier with it. I can do a stencil with only 2 repeats, even if the stencil was 28" x 40" :) 



Here are just some artsy shots of the flower arrangement I came up with for my dresser. I'm in love with the color of those roses. :)  Also the pictures are the boys when Harrison was about 6 weeks old. My girlfriend, Tina Cole, took the  pictures and I love the job she did! 

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the tour of my room. I had a lot of fun doing some of the parts and not so much fun with some of it (taping) but I am over-joyed at the final result and I smile every time I walk into my room! Thankfully, I can get back to all the rest of my projects now! 

Here is a recap of the projects done for this room: 

I'm linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com


Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

  1. I love, love, love how the bedroom turned out! I think I loved it even more in person! Beautiful job!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love that light above your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fabulous job with this space! Looks gorgeous! I bet you are so happy to have it finished! Sweet dreams! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all. I am really enjoying the finished space. On to the rest of the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just found your blog and this redo is amazing. What a bargain on the chandelier!! I caan't wait til I have a house to do things like this too!

    Your grandfather is obviously very talented too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a difference. It looks just amazing!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the CSI Project! We really appreciate it. I hope you will come back next week for our Hardware Store challenge!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! The colors really warm it up. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so much better. I'm sure it feels so nice to walk in there now. What a great project - lots of painting though - but it sure paid off. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it nice to have a lovely and inviting master bedroom? You did a great job...it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' the chandy! You guys did a great job! visiting from CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I would love to have a bedroom that size. The chandelier was a nice touch.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete